17:00 - 18:00
Biomarkers for Immunotherapy
Clinical Utility of ctDNA as Predictive IO Marker
Moderator: Helen Rizos, PhD, Head, Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Macquarie University, Australia
Advanced Diagnostics for Infectious Disease
Application of MALDI-TOF MS and Nucleic-Acid Amplification to Microbiological and Virological Diagnosis
Moderator: Adriana Calderaro, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Clinical Microbiology, Unit of Microbiology and Virology, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University Hospital of Parma, Italy
- Identification of viruses
- Identification of bacteria and fungi
- Identification of parasite
Point-of-Care vs. Central Lab Testing
Moderator: Oliver Liesenfeld, MD, CMO, Inflammatix, United States
- Point-of-care, point of impact, satellite and central lab
- What are the clinical requirements/medical needs?
- What are the assay/instrument requirements?
- What about data flow, integration into electronic medical records?
- Who performs the testing?
- Who is in charge of quality control?
Enabling Technologies for Circulating Biomarkers
How to Survive the in vitro Diagnostic Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2017/746)
Moderator: Michael Messenger, PhD, Head of Personalised Medicine and Health, Leeds Centre for Personalised Medicine and Health, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- What is IVDR and how does it differ from the current directive?
- What are the implications of IVDR on healthcare systems and commercial test developers?
- What is the community doing to prepare?
Technological Advances for cfDNA and Other Circulating Biomarkers: Challenges and Strategies
Moderator: Jörg Tost, PhD, Director Laboratory for Epigenetics & Environment, Laboratory for Epigenetics & Environment, Centre National de Recherche en Génomique Humaine (CNRGH), CEA – Institut de Biologie Francois Jacob, France
- What will be the technological platforms for the next generation of circulating biomarker assays?
- What are key challenges for current assays?
- Which biomarker to choose for nucleic acid analysis: circulating molecules vs. exosomes?
18:05 - 19:05
Companion Diagnostics for Immuno-Oncology
Open Innovation in Action
Moderator: Pierre Meulien, PhD, Executive Director, Innovative Medicines Initiative, Belgium
- Extension of open innovation concept to general R&D ecosystem
- Examples of successes of this principle
- How open innovation can accelerate implementation of research outcomes in health systems
Analyzing Whole Blood Samples in the Point-of-Care
Moderator: Vincent Linder, PhD, Founder and President, CDP BioMedical Consulting, Portugal
- Unlike centralized laboratory settings where blood cell separation is routinely performed before assaying the samples, Point-of-Care tests are often expected to analyze whole blood samples
- Should the assay steps include blood cell separation? Or should the device be capable of measuring the analytes in whole blood (without separation)?
- We will review and discuss advantages and drawbacks of both approaches.
- The participants will have an opportunity to share their experience and perspective about how either approach greatly impacts the product design/development process.
Complex Diagnostic Systems in a Near Patient Setting
Moderator: Gerd H. Luedke, PhD, Director Innovation, Technology & IP, Curetis GmbH, Germany
- What is the value of POC diagnostics?
- What does it need to “look like?”
- Placement and operators of POC diagnostic systems
- Antibiotic stewardship: Impact of rapid diagnostics on cost savings for hospitals and isolation of patients with drug resistant pathogens
Clinical Applications of Circulating Biomarkers
Potential of cfDNA as a Point-of-Care Marker in Emergency and Critical Care Settings
Moderator: Andrea Regner, MD, PhD, Professor, Cellular and Molecular Biology Applied to Health, Course of Medicine, Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, Brazil
- Prognosis prediction in acute brain injuries;
- Defining cutoff of cfDNA that favors high specificity for brain death outcome;
- Clinical utility of cfDNA quantification in acute medical care scenarios.
Extracellular Vesicles (EVs) as Biomarkers and Mediators of Oncologic Disease
Moderator: Bruno Costa-Silva, PhD, Systems Oncology, Group Leader, Champalimaud Foundation, Portugal
- Isolation and characterization of EVs
- Tumour- and Host-derived EVs
- EVs heterogeneity
- Emerging technologies for EVs studies
* 주최측 사정에 따라 사전 예고없이 프로그램이 변경될 수 있습니다.